A shade sail can be used to protect you or your plants from the sun. It is an excellent addition to your home in which you can install. Shade sail installation process can be fun and simple. You can actually DIY it rather than asking someone to do it for you. But before you start installing, it might be a good idea that you read some tips. In case you miss a point, you will be guided. In this article, you will learn how to install a shade sail at your house. Read them below
Also read : Finding the perfect patio door
DIY Decor Ideas-Best Shade Sail Installation Tips
a. Before starting with the project, there are several factors you should consider.
- Determine the fixing point. Once you know where you will install your shade sail, it is importable which part it is suitable to connect on each fix point corner.
- The approval of the building. You have to check with the local authority on any building regulations about installation.
- Select the accessories. Many accessories will secure your shade sail. These accessories can be found in any hardware supplier.
b. There are different types of attaching support you can put your shade sail. You can connect it on a fascia. The use of Fascia Support is recommended. You can also use a tree to attach the shade sail, but it will be for temporary use only.
c. Footing should also be considered. There are three types of ground your property may have.
1. For firm ground. You can just lay the base post of around 10mm deep.
2. For soft ground. You need to pour a block of concrete at the base of the post and put a temporary brace to hold it while the cement is drying.
3. Concreting. With mix concrete, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. They are labelled in the packet clearly. You can ask your supplier if you are hesitant about how to do it.
d. The installation process. Connect the shade sails using the fixing accessories you bought to the mounting points. Ensure that all connections are tightly secured. Recheck the mounting points if necessary to ensure that they are strongly stable.
e. Use a tensioning tool if necessary. You can connect all points using a tensioning tool to gain leverage. Stop tensioning once you felt that the shade sail is already rigid.
f. Extra points to remember. Your shade sails but provide protection against the shade of the sun. That is why when selecting a position, make sure you choose a place where it will be comfortable and everyone can relax any time of the day. You also have to inspect every points and area where you have done the fixing. Avoid fire close to the shade. Do not barbecue near it.
g. Cleaning tips. You can use mild detergent and water when you want your shade sails cleaned. You can leave the detergent and water mix for about 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly after that.