The perfect way to add a personality to your small home, you can add decorations. You may spend time thinking the pieces you want to put together. However, there is no rule when it comes to the best DIY decor for the small home. There are plenty to choose from, and as long as you have the creative mind, you can do it on your own. But if you are looking for some tips or inspiration, you can read some guidelines below:
1. Choose your own uniqueness. How do you feel about the overall effect of your house? Do you want to see similar neat rows? Do you want to have gallery walls to showcase various works? Whatever your approach when it comes to decor and style, you can create your own style. There is a wide selection of DIY decor such as decorating your own painting or choose some modern print arts you can arrange and display.
2. Look where you want to start. Do you have a photograph you have taken? Or painting you painted? If you have some treasured pieces in your attic, it can be a good start to decorate the rooms in your house. But if you don’t have, you can look for something that will make you smile. Choose a piece that can be used as a foundation of the next decoration you wanted to put.
After that, you can coordinate with other DIY decors that will match the existing piece of art you have decorated. Another different piece you display will speak about the personal style you have. If you want a guide about what piece of arts you want to decorate, you can research some tips and home decor websites to get some ideas. You can also put the same materials together.
3. You can create a solo design. It can also be a good idea when you choose a big piece of art to display in one area of your home. There are a lot of places where you can put a large art piece such as above your sofa wall or any wall facing the entrance of your living room. You can choose a design that reflects your personality, style and chosen color. You can also consider the other room bare and select a corner where you can put various decorative objects that can maximize the one big piece of art.
4. A balance of style and the comfort of the place. Make sure you balance in creating the stylish decoration yet leaving the space still comfortable. Let’s take an example a living room that is a bit dark. If your living room does not get enough natural light, you can decorate it with lamps, mirrors or any object that will bring brightness to the room. Since you have a small home, make sure to pick our also small yet impactful decoration that looks great in the space.
5. Just follow your heart. Your happiness is what matters. Whatever you choose, art of any decorative object, as long as your happy its okay. You can select from vibrant to fun as long as your room is cosy for you and the people living in your home. Just feel free to follow your heart’s desire.